In Search of Wisdom

My husband and I have been asked to lead a "Nearly Wed" class tonight on finances. I remember being where these folks are 11.5 years ago and being SO sure that I knew exactly what I was getting into. I remember going to those premarital classes and thinking that I really just had this marriage thing figured out and I just needed to meet the church's requirement before getting married. I mean, how hard can it be!?!?!

For heaven's sake. I was a complete and total idiot.

I am really praying that God shows up tonight because 11.5 years later I have come to realize that I don't know DIDDLY! Especially in the area of finances! I mean we are doing ok, but to give someone else wisdom? YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! As a matter of fact, my husband and I decided to divide up what we will say, and I am first. My very first planned sentence is "PLEASE know. We do not have this figured out! We STILL don't know what we are doing here folks! Only God Himself keeps us going in this area. CLING TO HIM! NOW!! " Won't that be encouraging? Maybe they will rethink marriage after we are done with them!

So we will have 4 couples (from what we hear) and we are their 4th class... like they have met 3 times already to discuss other topics in a series of marriage topics. I don't think I know these sweet new little baby couples, and I really hope we don't make them think that marriage is just a skip through the park! IT AIN'T! It's work and it is challenging and it's maddening sometimes for both parties involved. Oh, LORD! Why did we agree to this? (Teaching the class... not marriage!)

At least we are not teaching on SEX! Oh, I don't know if we would survive.

I DO love my husband and I would marry him 10 times over. He is precious and good to me and he loves Jesus very much! I am extremely blessed and would never trade what I have. I just know that this has not been the easiest thing I have ever done. It has been work to live with my complete opposite (and he would SO definitely say the same thing) and it has been challenging to make my opinions and ideas mesh with his since we are two complete and total opposites. ( Did i mention that we are opposites?)

So, off we go. Oh, pray for these precious ones. They are seeking wisdom from the wrong tank!

Comments

Popular Posts