It has been a while since I have had a chance to post, but we’ve been having some serious fun around here!
We just got back from a trip to Alabama where we saw N.C. State play in the Papa John’s Bowl. (no, we didn’t win, but it’s ok… we had fun anyway!) A few things made it really fun:
1) We went by ourselves! WOO HOO! It had been a while since my hubby and I had done something like this all by ourselves so we really enjoyed talking… or not! Reading in the car, listening to music or just riding was really nice.
2) We got to stay with family while we were there! Here we are at Steve’s aunt’s house getting ready for the game. She would not let us leave without fixing us a bacon and egg breakfast! She is so sweet and really made us feel at home.
3) We got to go to some of the local hot spots! YUMMM! We went to a place called Dreamland BBQ and just look at those ribs and that SWEET tea!
Here’s my sweet hubby trying to text on his new phone, but check out the “wall paper” behind him… license plates were EVERYWHERE! The food was really good and there was a lot of excitement in the air with the game just hours away. We had this waitress that called everyone “honey” or “sweetie”. She made us a little nervous with all of those men in there!
4) We had pretty good seats… right behind the BAND! This is a picture from my seat. The tuba players were RIGHT there… like I could have thrown something and hit them with it… and it was SO loud! But, it made it fun… so fun that my husband doesn’t have much of a voice from yelling so much!
5)After the game we got to see more family! Check out these cuties! That’s Miah, McKenzie, and Ryan pretending to like each other for a second! They are siblings and the children of my husband’s cousin. Miah (who is 3) said that she likes school and she’s “learning paint.” Oh, she was a hoot!
6) On our way home we got to go to the Varsity in Atlanta! Would you look at this parking lot?? The line is actually blocking people who are trying to pull out from that shelter on the left. It was so busy we could hardly walk! But that chili/slaw dog and frosted orange were worth the wait!! Delish!
We had a great time together and a super time seeing family!
I can’t wait to catch up on everyone’s blog and see how all of you spent Christmas! Happy New Year!! 2009 is on the way!!
Oh, sorry about my font there… it went from bold to NOT bold somehow…