Specific Prayer Needs and We Are Rarin’ to GO!

Hello friends! I am just beside myself with anticipation about leaving in 3 short days for Africa. I think we are all set with laundry and clothes prepared for my little family as well as myself. Childcare has switched around a bit, but God provided! Food has been planned as well as our sweet Sunday School class providing dinners for my two while I am away. We’ve tried to think of everything and plan for as many scenarios as possible. Ultimately, they are going to figure it out and so am I!

I wanted to give you our schedule outline so that you might pray for us specifically.

We leave on Wed 4/17 and will fly/travel until Friday 4/19. Please pray for traveling mercies and for nerves to be calm as we travel many hours on a plane!

Saturday- training day/planning for VBS/inviting children to VBS later in the week

Sunday- church/ planning for VBS- down time

Monday and Tuesday- morning and afternoon VBS sessions

Wednesday- leave for the bush- set up tents- plan with local helpers- meet kids, play games, invite to Jesus Film in evening

Thursday and Friday- morning and afternoon sessions in the bush and return to missionary home for evening

Saturday- Fly out!

  • Please pray for our effectiveness while we are there.
  • Pray for children to understand the gospel as we share about The Garden/Sin/The Fall, Jesus’ life and the Prodigal Son.
  • Please pray that we will be flexible and that the Lord will use us in more ways that we can imagine in our short time there. Pray that we will not be short sighted, but have the Lord’s vision for this time.
  • Pray for the missionary family that we will stay with. Pray that we will be an encouragement to them and that they feel support from our church family through our actions and efforts.
  • Pray for our families here in the states as we leave. Pray for health, safety and a good week for them while we are away.

In no way do I believe that in my own strength I can do anything for the Lord on this trip. Without prayer I will be completely useless… all of us will! We desperately need your prayer as we go and are counting on it to see us through each day.

It seems that each time I’ve had my quiet time this week the Lord has had something about “the nations” for me.

Psalm 113:4 says, “The LORD is high above all nations, and His glory above the heavens.”

I love that He is so personal and meets us where we are as we walk with Him. I have needed to hear that He is above it ALL and that He sees all that every individual needs on this PLANET! It’s so hard to fathom.

Thank you so much for praying!

Comments

Popular Posts