House In Order

Have you ever had the urge to just bulldoze your house? I mean the inside... like just bring in a good ol' front loader and just clear it out?!! WELL! That's so where I am right now. If I thought I wouldn't leave my little family on the street somewhere I might even try it!

Ok, not REALLY! This actually has a little deeper root than just total frustration and being over myself... though those things have come into play in this little process. Just keepin' it real!

Lately I've been studying the Genesis 1 and it is so apparent that our God is a God of order. He didn't create ANYTHING until He had it's life support in place. This may seem like a silly thing to say, but God had an order for creation and He has an order for my life too. Ok, just humor me for a minute.  Let me show you one example...

On day 3 of creation it says in Genesis 1:9 it says, "And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear."

THEN... on day 5 it says, "And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky." Genesis 1:20.

God didn't create the sea creatures and birds and then panic about where to put 'em! He had everything in place so that the birds and sea creatures could thrive.

Ok, back to me and my house. One thing that God has challenged me with lately is obedience. I have been so tired of missing blessings that could be mine because I have chosen to disobey. I truly think that it does not honor Him for my house to be so packed with stuff we don't use and clutter. I think I am missing out on the blessing of feeling free from the stress of a disorganized home. You know the feeling?? When things are organized and together you feel more together!

It seems that when I walk into my humble abode... well, we aren't thriving! There are stacks of paper and mail. There are toys in random places. There are books without a home and did I mention PAPERS?? It just seems that we put things down here and there with no real place for everything. Then it just grows and grows until I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!

Now, don't get me wrong.. I know we have to live. This is our home and if you can't be who you are in your home then where can you be?? It's just that when I walk into the spare bedroom or the playroom and things are just there... in stacks... and have been for weeks! Well, that just gets to me.

SOO! Here I am. I am actually taking a blawg break because I have been on a tare! (who says "tare?") I have my Goodwill stack. I have my consignment stack and I have my donation to the church stack. I am CLEANING OUT! I am just so ready for my house to be in order so that we can feel organized and without the eternal list hanging over our heads of things to clean or purge or whatever!

I suppose I could take a picture or two. Proof, you know, that I actually did it. And YOU could be my accountability!! Ok. This could be a two post post... guess I need to get back to my "tare."

Comments

Rebecca Jo said…
Totally get what you are feeling here... I know when I look at all the clutter - I feel so SMOTHERED - ready to THROW IT ALL OUT & begin fresh again... :) alot in that lesson!
Traci said…
in the process myself. got a consignment sale coming up next week, where's yours?
Michelle said…
You go girl!!!! I am about to "tare" things around here!

Popular Posts