Recycle Much?

Well, let me just start by saying that I am not usually a big “Earthy” kinda gal and this is really not like me… usually. Unfortunately, I have not always been great about trying to be a good steward of what God has given us when it comes to our natural resources. When I clean I use all manner of chemicals and I’ve not always wanted to go to the trouble to walk to the garage (because that’s an extra 5 steps!) to put things in the recycling bin.

Lately, however, I’ve been seeking out more ways to save money and a friend of mine directed me to  this website! It’s a way to become a little more aware of ways to help the environment AND save money!

It’s called Recylebank and when you join you read articles, learn things and find ways to recycle and help be more earth conscious. I KNOW! You are probably rolling your eyes right about now because we are all a little over the whole recycle campaigns! I was kind of doing the same thing, but HONESTLY! This is a really neat thing!

Ok, so if you go to the site and begin to read and all you earn points.  As you earn points for just reading (hello! we can so do this!) you can also earn coupons for groceries, restaurants and other fun stuff!

I think the one that I was most excited about was the one to…

$10 off $50 or more

If you earn 100 points you can get a $10 off $50 coupon and THAT will help me with meats and fruits and veggies! Thank you very much!

There are others though! You can get $10 off a $50 purchase at:

$10 Off Your Next $50 In-Store Purchase

for just 50 points and

$10 Off $30 or More

for 100 points.

It’s not really hard to earn points either! I’ve only done this for about a week (and I have not done it everyday) or so and I’ve already earned enough for the Harris Teeter  coupon! YAY!

The other cool thing? Most of what I earned the points for is for things I already do… like..

Not use plastic water bottles when I go to workout and use recycling for card board and other things that I know can be recycled. All I did was read the articles, answer a few questions about what I read and VOILA! I earned points!

I am sure you are JUST like me and want to find ways to save a buck! So don’t roll your eyes… just go check it out! Smile

Comments

Popular Posts