I Just Wonder

What if those who are rejecting Biblical values came into contact with someone who really loves Jesus? Would we be ANY different from anyone else?

389159_10151052738940896_1702594476_n

I wonder what would happen if we genuinely LOVED those who persecute God’s people and their values and helped them to see that the God of the Bible is such a loving and Holy God?

What if we stopped calling them “morons” and took a moment to see that they are people who sin.. JUST LIKE US.. and who need a Savior?

How will they know that Jesus died FOR THEM if we are not faithful to tell them and stop pointing fingers?

You know, when I didn’t have Christ in my life… I was an unredeemed sinner who didn’t get it. Still, today, I make so many mistakes and sin because my flesh is so strong!! I know I can not make it one day without the Holy Spirit directing me to make even ONE good choice. I’m not sure how we expect someone to live a life that honors God if they don’t know Him.

I don’t condone the behavior of anyone who isn’t kind, but I just don’t think we really get it. Whether you are a mayor, movie star or stay at home mom… the fact of the matter is without Jesus Christ’s power of redemption and salvation from our sinful natures we are going to live, act, react and make decisions based on that sinful nature and not on values that reflect God and His Word.

I wonder what would happen if we, as Christians, started obeying God’s Word ourselves and started living the truth of God’s love in front of EVERYONE we encounter on a daily basis to make them wonder what makes us different?

“…every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree can not bear bad fruit and a bad tree can not bear good fruit… Thus by their fruit you will recognize them.” Matthew 7:18-20

“But I tell you; love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and unrighteous. If you love those who love you what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?” Matthew 7:44-46

It just makes me wonder…

Comments

Kristi Butler said…
That's thought provoking, Melissa. Great post!
Cindy said…
Loved this. It really makes you think: what WOULD the world look like if we, as God's people, lived according to His word and the direct guidance of the Holy Spirit?

Very convicting!
Carol said…
You make great points here, Melissa. Whew! That him me square in the eyes, but iron sharpens iron, so I'll take it. :)

I really appreciated you stopping by my blog today.

Blessings,
Carol
Unknown said…
Amen! It's hardest to be like Jesus when you're in the midst of the wiles of the devil.

Popular Posts