And So… Summer

This old Summer time is winding down. It has been one of the more enjoyable summers even though there wasn’t a week long trip to the beach with us sitting around doing nothing… and THAT is something I love more than ANYTHING!!

This has been such an encouraging summer of time with my girl and seeing her grow and my prayers answered! We’ve always seen growth, but this summer seems to have been a great time for her.

She has had sleepovers and she has been to sleep over with a friend. She has helped me in the clothing ministry and has grown in her ability to do many things that she has never done in the past. Just spending time with family, going to basketball camp with the UNCC Ladies, swimming with friends and having fun just being together has made for a great time and a lot of growth! As a mom it is, honestly, hard to see your kid struggle when you see others moving on. But seeing God do a work of maturity in her has just made my heart smile so big!! I am so proud!!

C-Summer 2012

Though summer is always a little harder on our family financially, because I am off to be with my girl, I do not regret the time that I am able to spend trying to help her achieve and grow.

Also, if you had told me 17 years ago that I would love this EXTREMELY smart and sometimes too serious, WAY more mature than me, hard workin’ man more than I did the day I married him I would have said that there was no way on this God given earth that could be true!

Steve 2013 

Nobody works harder for this family than he does! I have enjoyed our quick times of getting away for a few days here and there to the fullest! Just knowing that God has blessed my life with him is sometimes more than I can take!!

I remember when we first heard that our girl was diagnosed with all the things that the doctors say are wrong… and I remember standing in the kitchen crying. He said, “Wait. She’s the same kid she was yesterday.” I said, “I know!! But what are we going to do?!?!” His reply,”We are going to love her… just like we did yesterday!”

Our summer has not been filled with expensive vacations… and mainly because at the very beginning of it the A/C in our house went out and the leak over the fridge from the upstairs bath got worse… but we have been together. I love this family and I am eager to see what God has in store as we continue to walk with one another into a new school year and a new season!

Comments

Popular Posts