Running

It has been a while since I put some thoughts into writing... well, except for journaling a little here and there. The last few days have gotten me thinking about why I have felt empty inside. I guess I get busy... well, let me explain and maybe you can relate.

It's just that I sometimes get so busy running from here to there that I sometimes find myself lonely. Run to the store. Run home. Run to therapy. Run to Little Gym. Run to the library and to the cleaners and the bank. Run here.. run there... and I am in the car with my 8 year old and it just sometimes hits me that I have not made one effort to call a friend or pray for someone that I love or spend enough time in God's word and I find myself lonely and sometimes empty inside.

Don't get me wrong. I am an on-the-go-stay-at-home-mom. I enjoy getting out and going places. When I stay home too long I just get bored. Of course laundry HAS to be done and the bathroom can't be dirty forever so I have to stay home some, but mainly I like to go, go, go. Thing is.. I get into my own world and I forget that there are people that I need to spend time with. They give me perspective. They make me think and they make me laugh.

Just today in my quiet time God reminded me that there is a time for everything! Ecclesiastes 3 tells us that "there is a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh...." I sometimes get too caught up in what I am doing and I don't take the time to reach out to others. There needs to be a time for that.

God also reminded me that He is always here. I KNOW! I should know that!! But it's just that I sometimes get into this "why have you moved away from me?" whiney mode. He didn't move!!! I did!! I moved so much by running here and there that I have not lingered in His word. I have not spent time really praying. YES! I pray and I have a quiet time, but it's not the same as when I really listen and pray and dig!!

Anyway, God used today to help me regain some perspective. I really needed it and I really need to listen more. Linger more. You know.... stop running so much in my mind and body that I miss His blessing through His word and through others. How about you?

Comments

Popular Posts