What's the Matter You?

You ever have one of those weeks where you are just sad for no apparent reason? Well, GIRL... this has been one of those weeks for ME!  I mean I was standing in my pantry unloading groceries the other day and just started crying!! Right by myself. Standing in the pantry putting up the green beans... I just started to cry.

Now let me tell ya... I am not a big crier. I mean, things can sometimes make me tear up, but it doesn't happen really often. A sweet comment from my daughter or husband will sometimes do it. Worship at church USUALLY does it! Of course, sad news or a burdened heart... but putting up groceries... UH! No. I'm just sayin'.

I cried while doing my quiet time each and every morning! I cried at my daughter's OT visit and her OT thought I needed a hug. I am sure I looked like I did. Maybe I needed OT! Who knows?

I did mention my condition to my husband who was PRECIOUS. You know, men don't get the whole, "I don't know why I'm crying! I just am" thing. He, however, hugged me extra hard and long everyday, e--mailed me during the day and and let me know that he was praying for me before he left each morning. I'd say that's pretty good for someone that's probably rolling their eyes behind my back! (hee hee!) BLESS HIS HEART! He was great!

Some of my friends asked, "Is it hormones?" I'm 40 people. I guess it very well could be.

Truth is... I have no clue. No one had hurt my feelings. No one had made me mad. No one did ANYTHING to me. I guess I just needed a weepy week.

I did try a couple of things... asking friends to lunch, shopping, cleaning and organizing. Those things helped some, but truthfully one thing helped  the sadness come to an end.

Scripture.

One of my friends sent me a text and told me to go right to Psalms 80 and begin to read. It truly lifted my spirits and helped to refocus my attention on the things that are not of this world! But the most precious thing that happened was when that same friend called and read scripture on my voicemail and then prayed out loud for me. Of course that made me tear up again, but for an entirely different reason! These were grateful, happy and encouraged tears!

I'd say that I learned a valuable lesson this week about being a friend. Saying that I will pray for you is good. Giving you scripture to read is even better, but actually calling you and letting you hear the scripture penetrate your mind and heart and then praying FOR you right then and there... now THAT is friendship.

God, sometimes we don't understand why we do the things that we do. Sometimes life is hard. I praise You that you give us Your Word that inspires us to look beyond the immediate circumstances or feelings and into Your eternal truths. Thank you for friends that are willing to take the time to breathe those truths into us when we can't see through the tears to read it for ourselves. Please help me to be that kind of friend to others, Lord. Help me to look past my own stuff and encourage others in theirs! You are God over all of us and we PRAISE YOUR NAME!

Comments

Yes, I have had one of those weeks! Didn't realize why until I looked at the date. Today is my dad's birthday. He went home to be with the Lord. Don't you think a piece of celebratory cake is in order? ;) Great post by the way. Putting others first is always a good thing and I LOVE how your sweet friend left scripture on your voicemail and prayed for you!That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard! Will be praying for you...Have a great week end!

Popular Posts