The No-Resolutions Resolution

I REALLY do not like to make New Year’s Resolutions. I get really aggravated at myself and feel like a total failure every year that I try to make one because I get started and then by February I quit. I have tried to make all of the typical ones… lose weight (that’s the biggest!),…
bug_90118_Main-Brand
be in my Bible more, watch less T.V.,… you know.. all of the typical things that people say they are going to do… I’ve done!
Well, last week I sat down to have my quiet time and I was at one of those places where I didn’t really know where I was going to read. I was thinking about resolutions and what God would have me do so I I just turned to the Psalms and started looking through.
As I read the first verse of Psalm 23 I saw it…”The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want..”  The Lord said to me,” This year why don’t you TRUST that I will lead you AND you will not be in want!
I read Psalm 24:1 “The Earth is the Lord’s and all that it contains, the world and those who dwell in it..” Again it was like God was saying “TRUST ME! I am in control. You can’t control what others do or say but I CAN so just TRUST ME!”
Then Psalm 25:1 says “To YOU, O Lord, I lift up my soul.”
I can TRUST You Lord with my very SOUL! I do not need to be afraid but completely know that You are in control.

I kept reading the first Psalm of the next few chapters and it was apparent to me that I now had my assignment. I do not know what lies ahead and I have already had a couple of challenges this year where I have HAD to trust that the Lord because I can’t control others and I have to know that He will provide for my home. This year I do pray that my walk with Jesus is like never before. More and more my personal walk is deepening and I cherish the times that I have with Him while no one else is around.
So! This year will be a “No Resolution Resolution”  kind of year. Not a year where I decide what I will resolve to do, but a year where my resolution has been assigned to me. I do much better with assignments anyway! I look forward to what God has for me in the coming year so let the changes begin!

Comments

Patty Sumner said…
I so agree Melissa! It looks as if God was really speaking loudly about "Trust". I pray all your quiet times be so wonderful. I also pray that your walk with the Lord this year be a joyful one and for his love and guidance to be with you daily. Blessings!
Michelle said…
I hope 2011 is full of joy and blessings for you and yours!!!

Popular Posts