Here’s to Some People I Love!

We interrupt this laundry doin’, sheet changin’,  bathroom cleanin’ day to think about something a little more pleasant than a dirty house!

Yesterday my parents celebrated their 45th wedding anniversary! YAY! I am so proud and happy for them!

I love that my dad plays the banjo and sings. I love that he cares about people and he never meets a stranger. I love that he’s never afraid to take a stand for what is right and I love that he loves Jesus! I love that he tears up when he walks into a sanctuary just because he can sense the presence of the Lord. I love that he can sing barbershop and that he knows so much about everything! I love that he’s creative and that he can build things with his hands.

012

I love that my mom is funny and fun and she’s stylish. She likes to dress up and look good and be girly! I love that she doesn’t think that anyone is better than anyone else, but that we are all the same so we need to respect that. I love that she loves to shop and that she wants the best for us all. I love that she prays for us and that she is always trying to help when there’s a need. I love that she is happy and that she doesn’t really ever complain. She’s just glad to be here and is ready to encourage us at anytime! I love that she’s pretty and that she has a good heart. I love that she loves Jesus!

020

Yesterday they went on a date to celebrate. I love that.

They went to a nice restaurant and while they were there mom gave dad a new wedding band. He lost his and mom wanted him to have one so she worked overtime to get it for him. Is that not the sweetest thing ever?

They went to a movie and they always hold hands. Dad’s legs are not good and mom helps him all she can.

Through out my life they have not been perfect parents. There have been times that we have been at odds with each other and they have certainly had their times that have not been easy, I am eternally grateful that they have stayed together and set the example for me and my family.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD! I could not be more proud of you and the legacy that you are building for our family! Thank you for always being there and for never giving up on each other! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Comments

Faith said…
Awww, so sweet! I miss them and I'm so glad they had a great anniversary!

Popular Posts