Ho Hum or Hallelujah!?

You ever have one of those days when you aren’t sad, but you aren’t especially yourself either? That is me today.

I have had the entire day to myself.  The Lord woke me up SUPER early (like 5:30! Hello! I didn’t know that was on the clock!) and I had a sweet time of reading His Word and praying.

Then little girlfriend wanted to be a little PILL this morning so that caused a little ripple, but we survived. She is usually fond of mornings, but only if she can do what SHE wants to do. You know..play with the cat, watch cartoons, read a book of her choosing, lay around and ask a million questions while we try to get ourselves ready for the day (THIS drives me INSANE! DO NOT TALK TO ME IN THE MORNING! Please.). Anyway, we made it so that was fine.

Usually when I drop her off at school I am on GO! Clean the house, grocery shop, do laundry, run errands, make appointments, take the car to be serviced… it’s always something. I  have 2 days off so I usually try to make the most of my time alone, but there’s usually one thing that is missing… Even though I am alone I am not usually listening to the Lord. I am usually crowding Him out with all that I need to do and thinking about what’s next and moving to the next thing.

Today.. I wasn’t feelin’ it. The busy part I mean… I wasn’t on GO! It was like God was speaking to my spirit and telling me that He woke me up for a reason and He wanted me to listen today.

I moseyed myself back home after dropping girlfriend and her attitude at school. I came in the house and sat back down with my Bible for a little while. I did a load of laundry then sat back down… came to check e-mails and talked to a friend. I’ve done other things, but nothing like my usual break neck speed to get things done.  My in-laws even got girly from school for me so I have had extended time alone.

I don’t really feel like I have accomplished a lot, but I do feel like I have had some sweet fellowship with the Lord today. I have been quiet. I have prayed for some friends who are going through some very difficult times. I have journaled. I have listened. No T.V. or radio. Just me and God.

Do you ever have days like that? Do you feel that it is time wasted and regret not cleaning that toilet or doing that list of things that are looming or do you find rest in that day and find it a gift from God? I am trying to find it as the latter.

In this world that is so fast and so full of constant communication and drive it is sometimes hard to find quiet days as productive days. But God’s Word tells us to “Come, all ye who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest.”Matthew 11:28. I mentioned some friends who are going through difficult times, and it has burdened my heart so much that I’ve hardly thought of anything else.  This time of prayer has been so good for me (and I pray they have felt it) as I have come to ask God to take it and work!

I also know that Gods’ Word says in Proverbs 31:27 that the Proverbs 31 woman “Watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.”  I do not want to get into the habit of so enjoying these days that I don’t do what is necessary to help my home be what it needs to be for my family.

Oh, I don’t know. I was just wondering if those quiet days for you are just HO HUM! Or if they are HALLELUJAH!?

Comments

Cindy said…
I LOVE days like that. Don't have them too often but I relish them when I do!

I am a list person. A good day depends on how many things I have crossed off my list. But the Lord is changing that. He's showing me that the best day is not about the list, but about His and my relationship. At the end of the day, am I closer to Him than I was at the beginning?
Hallelujah!!!for sure. We all need to have a balance between Mary and Martha...so glad you had a Mary kind of day! Take care

Nancy

Popular Posts