Does He See?

I think I am going to rename this old blawg! Maybe it will be "The Wisdom of a Six Year Old!" It seems that more and more my Caroline is asking questions that are making me think about my own walk with the Lord. Hopefully she is being drawn to the Lord and will come to know Him soon. I am praying! Oh, I am praying!!

The other night she was in the bath tub. She was yelling at me as I was downstairs cooking supper.

"MOM!"
"What Caroline? I can't hear you all the way down here!"
"WELL, I HAVE A QUESTION!"

I can not stand for her to do this to me. I do not enjoy conversations that are yelled back and forth. I thought her question might be about taking her bath so I went to the bottom of the stairs so I could hear.

"What's your question?" I asked.
"When you are on the playground and you do something bad to someone does God see that?"

I almost stopped this conversation and said that we would discuss this when I could see her face, but I didn't.

"Sure He does honey. Why?"
"Well, I was just wondering. My friend hit my other friend and the teacher didn't see it. I didn't know if God saw it."

The definition of character is who you are when no one is looking. Sometimes we think that just because we are within the walls of our homes that no one is ever going to know how we speak to one another. Maybe we believe that within the confines of our church that the world will never know how we act with our brothers and sisters in Christ.

That is SO far from the truth.

Psalms 139:15 says, "My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place."

If our Father can see us being formed in our mother's womb can He not see us in the walls of our homes or in the center of our church? He absolutely sees every thing that we do and say. He absolutely knows what we will say before we say it, and yet we live this life as if no one is really paying attention! I say things in frustration to Caroline ALL THE TIME and I am not proud of it. My mouth gets me in so much trouble... especially when I do not think before I speak!

We are wise to consider every action and every word before it is expressed in any way. Thinking that no one sees is just foolishness.

YOUR TURN:
Look at Psalms 139:1-12.Look at all of the ways that the Lord sees us. The Psalmist does not see it as a hindrance to his life, but as a blessing.

I know that Caroline would like nothing more than to not be seen when she does somethings. She would rather get away with doing things that she knows she shouldn't than to be caught! All of us are like this! We would like to be able to have an ugly attitude or say ugly things and have no one call us out on it. Well, fortunately when we became a child of God He promised us that He would never leave us. That verse always brings comfort, but it can also bring conviction. He is always with us and He sees it all!!

Lord, I fail miserably in this area sometimes. Thank you for dying on the cross for ALL of my sins. My lack of patience, my strong willed attitude, and my out of control tongue are all areas where I need Your forgiveness and help! Your eyes ARE ever on me. You never leave me and You always care about my actions. Please help me to remember God. Help me to never be satisfied with my attitude when it does not honor you or build others up. Help me to be an encouragement to others even when it seems like no one is looking. Lord, You are so worthy of a Godly character in my life. To live for You means to be all that I can be for you... even when no one is looking! I love you Lord!

Comments

Popular Posts