"If it is Possible...

... as far as it depends on YOU..."

Yes, Lord? You are talking to me?

"live at peace with..."

Oh! You are talking to me... what was that again? You want me to live at peace... as far as it depends on me live at peace with who?

My family!? Ok, that's pretty easy. I love them and I have to live with them so I guess I need to make that a big effort. My husband is my opposite, but I love him so much. I can definitely live at peace with him.I hate it when we are not on the same page so I want to work hard at that.  That's not too bad of a command there...

Oh, no! My friends!! That's what you are going to say, right? My friends! I love them too! They are so funny and fun to be with! Ok!! I can do that! Live at peace with my friends...

The people at church? Well, ok. I don't always see eye to eye with all of them, but I do spend a lot of time there. I have many friends there who are also my brothers and sisters in Christ. I can live at peace with them. It's a little harder to do... if I am being honest, but I can try a little harder... That's no problem Lord.

"If possible, as far as it depends on you live at peace with EVERYONE." John 12:18

EVERYONE!?!? COME ON! EVERYONE!

WELL! I don't know if I can do that. I mean, that evil woman that works at the bank is just RUDE every single time I set foot in there! GOSH! I can not stand her! I can not believe she has a job dealing with the public like that!! She is so rude so I am rude right back! She deserves it for being so mean!

AND THEN... that woman at work! Oh my goodness! She is just plain disrespectful towards the customers and those of us who work with her! I mean, I know she's going through a hard time at home! Her kids are brats and her husband is a jerk, but it's not MY fault! Why doesn't she work hard to live at peace with EVERYONE!? Including ME!?? Do you know how hard it is to be around her EVERY single cotton picking day!?!? All she does is complain.. blah, blah, blah.. and she's always so grumpy!

AND.. oh yes! My MOTHER sometimes just plain gets on my last nerve! She is forever henpecking me to do things differently with my house or my parenting. I get sick of hearing it so I just hang up on her!! I don't want to be badgered anymore about how I can or can not do things better! It's so old and I am never going to live up to her expectations!

I want to live for YOU Lord, but I just don't think I can do it! Live at peace with EVERYONE!?? Only YOU can do that!

"Therefore I urge you brothers, in view of God's MERCY, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God- this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not repay evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone... Do not be overcome with evil but repay evil for good... " John12:1,17,21

Lord, you are right. I admit that I have not been striving to show those that I can be at odds with the love of Christ. Perhaps I have repaid evil for evil instead of good. Help me Lord.

Help me to be more of a light than ever before for You. Give me words. Show me how to hold my tongue instead of lashing out and help me to pray for those who are struggling. Help me to be the church, YOUR BRIDE, outside of the church walls.

"You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit IF the Spirit of God lives in you. " Romans 8:9

"And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:20

Comments

Popular Posts