Thankfulness Day 7

Today is Sunday and I am thankful for my faith and relationship with Jesus Christ.

I do not have a testimony that takes me down a long dark path or drugs or alcohol. I did not live an extremely wild life, but I AM a sinner. I believe that what He saved me FROM in this life is just as important as the salvation that I know that I have for eternity.

I asked Jesus into my heart when I was ten. Through out my life I have always longed for friendships and relationships that would fill me. As I got older I dated several guys and I so longed for those relationships to make me safe and secure. I put so much hope in man and when it didn't work out or when it was very apparent that we were NOT a good fit... well, my heart would just break.

In college I truly began to realize that my faith had to be my own. My parents brought me up in church and I loved singing and being active there, but it wasn't until I was faced with some serious situations and issues in school where I had to decide if God was real in MY life. It could not be about what my mom and dad said anymore, but it had to be about what God said and how I was going to decide to live for Him or for this world.

Now, more than 20 years later, I am sure that Jesus is Lord. He saved me from an uncertain future and He is my security. I am eternally grateful for His sacrifice for ME and I am no longer afraid of what the future holds.

Many people who do not know Christ think that being a Christian HAS to be the most boring life ever. Since I have truly started walking with the Lord it has been the biggest adventure of my life! He has such a wonderful plan for each of us and being obedient means doing things that I thought I'd never ever do! You never know where He will take you next and I love knowing that He is in control!! I don't have to worry about taking steps that will lead me down the wrong road as long as I am spending time with Him each day and praying. He WILL direct my path!!

So today I am thankful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He is my Rock. He is my Salvation. He is my ALL in ALL! I can not imagine where I would be without His love and conviction and forgiveness,  and I praise His Name for saving my soul.

What about you? Do you know Christ as Savior? If not, I'd love to share how you can know for sure that your sins are forgiven and that one day YOU will go to heaven when you die.

The Bible says that ALL have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God. It also says that the wages (or payment) for sin is death, but the GIFT of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus. I pray that if you are not sure of what your future holds that you will seek Him today!

Comments

Faith said…
Beautiful testimony of what God has done in your life. He is so good! Love you, friend. Still praying for your family.

Popular Posts