Living in Holiness- Possess Exceptional Qualities

We will start today by getting into God's Word. Please get your Bible and turn to Daniel 6.

Verse 3 says," Now Daniel so distinguished himself among the administrators and satraps by his exceptional qualities that the king planned to set him over the whole kingdom."

As you think about your walk with the Lord and how you represent His name, would you say that you have exceptional qualities? As I read this verse today I thought about that. Do I exhibit exceptional qualities in my life?

Daniel was SO exceptional in his obedience to God that the pagan king took notice. I wanted to know how that happened so through out this chapter I found a few things that set Daniel apart. Find them in your Bible and underline them.

Verse 4: " the administrators and satraps tried to find grounds for charges against Daniel in government affairs, but they were unable to do so."

Verse 4: " they could find no corruption in him."

Verse4: " he was trustworthy"

Verse 4 "neither corrupt nor negligent."

Verse 10 "Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before."

Verse 16: "May your God, whom you serve continually, rescue you."

Verse 23: "And when Daniel was lifted from the den, no wound was found on him because he trusted in God. "

Now, I know, if you are like me you are thinking, "Yea! But he was DANIEL! Daniel in the BIBLE! Surely he had some sort of super power or faith!"

Well, he did. It was the same God that we know and serve. He was just a man, like us. The difference was that he walked with God every day and he trusted God with all of his heart. Not just part, but all!

So.... what exceptional qualities do I possess? Ummm.... are they enough to go through the lions den? Hmmm... would a pagan world notice those qualities enough to notice that I faithfully and continually serve my God?

What a challenge for me today! What about you? How would you answer those questions?

I am such a failure in so many ways! Even this morning, BEFORE 8:00, I really messed up with my daughter!

This week, I messed up with my dad!

I mean... "Mom" and "Daughter of the Year" right here, folks!

It is so hard to possess those exceptional qualities when I am living, in full color, in the flesh!!

Without the blood of Jesus I am just one failure after another! Without Him I possess not one exceptional quality!

Praise Him!! Praise His holy and matchless name that He makes us exceptional in His sight!

Comments

Popular Posts