It's a Birthday Recap!

Welcome to the newly designed Higher Call blog! Our friend Faith has been at it again and I really like my new look! Ain't she good?

You guys have been so funny! It has been fun to hear your ideas and have you share my pain of trying to be original for our men! Misery loves company and you sure helped my misery! At least I am not alone!!


We ended up giving dad money because the water hose on his truck burst and he had to fix it. Not the most original gift but it's what he wanted so what is a girl to do?? You help your dad out! That's what you do!! We also met them for lunch on Sunday at Cracker Barrel. Dad LOVES to rock in the rocking chairs and eat their country cooking ... and for your birthday... our family aims to please!



Here's our girl with the Mimi and the PawPaw! Love them!!





I finally got creative with my husband's gift, but it did include socks, a shirt and pants. The dreaded gifts. He liked them though so I guess I can't complain. I got creative with the packaging so here ya go...



I got him an NC State mouse pad, a journal and pen with State on it, pants, a State shirt and socks. AND I had to throw in a birthday sucker!! Then I got a little galvanized wash tub and painted "Wolfpack" on the side!! He thought it was pretty creative.... whew!


His mom and dad cooked dinner for him... complete with a mocha chocolate cake and home made icecream...


Caroline's favorite part is singing "Happy Birthday to you.. cha, cha, cha" so we did that... TWICE! Blow out the candles, already, before she starts singing again!!!!



It was a pretty fun weekend! We got to spend time with both of our families and we got to eat cake! Sounds pretty great to me!! I mean, who doesn't like eating cake... uh, I mean spending time with family!?


Comments

MiMi said…
Sounds like some wonderful times! What can be better than spending time with family and CAKE! You gotta LOVE Cracker Barrel, too. Especially that Hash Brown Casserole!

Glad Steve and your Dad had happy birthdays and thanks for sharing!
MiMi said…
I forgot to say how much I LOVE the new look of your blog! It is so cute! (BTW...We have the same designer!)
JenB said…
Cool new blog! Love it!
Faith said…
Looks like a fun time was had by all and the birthday boys enjoyed themselves! There's still more celebrating to be done!!
Leigh Ann said…
You can't go wrong with money. Everybody likes that! I'm so impressed with what you came up with for your husband! Super cute!

Popular Posts