A Junkin' We Will Go...

Today was a pretty fun day! My sister-in-law, Kelly, has a real knack for taking old things and putting them with newer things to make her house so cozy. I really hated that I didn't take my camera to her house. You would LOVE to see it! Sorta cottage, but not all white and pastels. Sorta antique, but with some french country thrown in. Anyway, it's really cool and I wanted to get her to teach me how to shop.
SOOOO we went today! Here's what I got:



I got 2 little bud vases for $3 each.

A crocheted table topper (that I wanted to cover my green one in my bedroom, I am trying to add a little cottage look to my house w/o changing everything) for $12.
Two little pictures that have green and white frames for $3.50 each.

A little bird's nest for $6.

And 2 antique books on gardening. One of them is from the late 1800's and it has a signature in it. It's very different. I love it.



Kelly is also ALL about getting a deal so it was good that she picked a place that was not real fancy schmacy! I was really excited about the little things I found and was eager to get them home to see how they would look. None of it is earth shattering, but I love to find little homey touches that can add a little character to my home. It's all in the details to me.


Here's what I did:



I added the two bud vases at the window in my kitchen facing our backyard. It's very simple, but it added a little character.

Then, do you remember the Bird Bath? Well, I added the little nest and books to the shelf that I hung in there.



Here's the before and after:


It's not a major change, but I like the layered look of the nests on the top and the books on the bottom.

I looked for bird books, but could not find any so these gardening books will have to do. They still keep with the outdoors theme so that's good for me!




The last thing that I did is add the little pictures to my daughter's bright green bathroom. It's really girly and cute and the pictures are actually cross stitch, which looks sort of old. Putting them together on a ribbon made a cute grouping though. At least, I think so.

I had to wash the table cover, but I am really excited to see how it will look in my bedroom!

I really like making little changes that add to different rooms in my house. What's new that you have done?

Comments

Faith said…
Ooohhh! I love what you found!! It all looks great! Where did y'all end up going?
Stephanie D. said…
Oh it all looks so nice. Ya'll did a great job.
Valarie said…
Girl, you're just so cute I could pinch your cheeks! Love the stuff at the house and the blog! TOO cute!
V
MiMi said…
I love the bird's nest and what you did with your shelf. I think the gardening books are perfect, too, and I also like that look. The pictures were such a sweet addition to Caroline's bathroom. Too cute!
Heather said…
Everything looks so good! I am terrible at things like that. And I can't remember the last time I bought a little something new for my house. I need to look for little "touches" like you did, though!
I love it!
Thanks for your prayers- they are being answered!!!

Popular Posts